Ice Cream Social Distance Drive Thru
Time & Location
About the Event
Here’s the scoop on our first community event of the year. We will have a drive thru similar to pick up/drop off with staggered time spots and multiple stations. Each person will receive a frozen treat, every SurfRider will receive a goody bag that will contain supplies for a community building project and a keyring and charm (stay tuned for more charms throughout the year). One lucky SurfRider will receive a Golden Ticket for a special treat from Handles Ice Cream! We will also have a collection station for the Community Resource Center located in Encinitas. The CRC works to end hunger, homelessness and domestic violence in North County San Diego. We will be collecting CANNED SOUP ONLY.
Please feel free to decorate your car and spread some joy!
- To keep the event in line with current safety guidelines, everyone must stay in their cars no walk ups. For everyone’s safety, all families must remain seated and inside their cars at all times.
- Place a piece of paper with Student/Family names on it on the passenger side.
- Please wear a mask when receiving ice cream. Ice cream will come pre packaged and volunteers will be in masks with gloves and 6 feet apart.
- Cars will loop through the parking lot (like our regular dismissal). Please do not park and/or pull into a spot in the Del Mar Hills parking lot during the Ice Cream Social...Distance drive-through.
- Cars will exit Del Mar Hills through the turn around and turn RIGHT on Mango Drive.
- Last names beginning with A-F arrive at 5:00 p.m., H-R arrive at 5:30 p.m., S-Z arrive at 6 p.m. If your allotted time does not work you can stop by at a different time.
This is an optional and FREE event sponsored by the PTA.